Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Confidence in God's Word

Sometimes it seems like what God said He would do is never going to come to pass.  You feel like everything just remains the same and the evil that those perpetrate against you just keeps on keeping on.

Last night I came to a place in myself where I had to make a decision.  Am I going to focus on my circumstances, or am I going to focus on Jesus, on what He says, and trust Him regardless of how things look right now?  So... of course I am going to trust Jesus.

I am reminded of Job, where in his most desperate moments he chooses to trust God regardless.

Then we have the man in Psalms who could not understand why the evil man prospers in his ways.  But God showed him their end and he was saddened for them.
(Psalm 73 vs 12 -17: (12) Behold, these are the wicked; always at ease, they increase in riches.
(13) All in vain have I kept my heart clean and washed my hands in innocence.  (14) For all the day long I have been stricken and rebuked every morning.  (15) If I had said, “I will speak thus,” I would have betrayed the generation of your children.  (16) But when I thought how to understand this, it seemed to me a wearisome task, (17) until I went into the sanctuary of God;  then I discerned their end.
)


And lately the Lord has been bringing lots of scriptures my way that encourage me that those who try to hurt others will not get away with their lies, their deceit, and their actions.  Here are but a few:

Prov 3 vs 25 - 26:  Do not be afraid of sudden terror or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes, (26) for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.

Prov 11 vs 8:  The righteous is delivered from trouble, and the wicked walks into it instead.

Prov 11 vs 21:  Be assured, an evil person will not go unpunished, but the off-spring of the righteous will be delivered.

Prov 11 vs 27:  Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favour, but evil comes to him who searches for it!  
If someone is deliberately and consciously seeking to hurt or destroy someone, deliberately lying about someone, deliberately being a false witness, the hole they dig for someone else, they themselves WILL fall into.  God will not be mocked.  His waiting is His grace extended to them.  But eventually, that time will run out.


In Proverbs and Psalms there are plenty scriptures about what the Lord will do to those who hand themselves over to evil.  But He does not want my focus to be on them.  I (and you) are to leave them to God.  They are His problem.  These scriptures next, remind me where my focus should be:

Prov 4 vs 25:  Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you.
Do not look at your circumstances, or worldly solutions, look only to God and His word

Prov 4 vs 27:  Do not swerve to the right or to the left, turn your foot away from evil.
Don't look to the world or yourself to resolve things that only the Lord can resolve!

I hope that I have encouraged you if you feel that you just cannot hang in there anymore.  You can!  Because God is your strength and the battle is His and not yours.

God bless
Tracy




No comments:

Post a Comment