Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Intentional!

The word of the Lord, our bible, is full of wisdom, guidance, conviction, love, and is a powerful tool the Lord gives us to live our lives.  If we are to grow in the Lord, be overcomers in Him, we have to be more INTENTIONAL in our seeking the Lord with all our hearts.

God says in Proverbs 2 vs 1 - 6:  My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, (2) So that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding;  (3 ) Yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding,  (4 ) If you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures;  (5 ) then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.  (6 ) For the Lord gives wisdom;  from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Reading the word is one thing, receiving it, treasuring it, listening to it, applying it, crying out for it, voicing it, seeking widsom, and searching for it.... all these things will lead us to a much deeper understanding of what it is the Lord wants us to know, and do in our lives.  We will have a better understanding of our place in the world and in God's kingdom.  

God says in Jeremiah 29 vs 13:  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

God says He will be found if we search for Him with all our hearts.  

Well, how does one do this?  I think the answer is to be intentional.  Not haphazard, not habitual, but intentional - on purpose - about seeking Him. 


Last year I tried to make it a habit to start each day in the word.  This year, I want to continue doing that, but, dig deeper.  Take more time, mull over the word as I read it.  Research what the study notes say and if they do not satisfy with clarity my questions, then, dig deeper.  For me, its not about getting through the bible in a year, its more about understanding it as a whole as I read through it.

I also am trying to surrender my emotions, the things that take up too much of my time idols (if I put these things before God, they are idols, not so?), and my fears and anxieties that come with my days and the circumstances we find ourselves in.  I am working on surrender!  Surrender to God - dependence on my Lord and Saviour!

I'm trying to put into action what I read in the word into my day to day life, and I think by being more intentional about how I read the word, what I understand, and what it all means, I think that I will start being able to apply these principles to my life intentionally, and I believe my life will never be the same again.  Jesus will not allow anyone who strives to seek Him, to not be able to find Him!

I encourage you today to be more intentional in your relationship with the Lord, and I have no doubt your life will never be the same again.

God bless
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment